Spirometry (pulmonary function testing) is an evaluation of the functional status of the lungs.
- As a screening test, spirometry is used in occupational health to provide assistance in:
- Aiding employers comply with legislative policies <see Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code, Part 4, Section 40.
- Assessing the ability of workers to wear respiratory protective equipment
- Placing workers in jobs suited to their capabilities
- Monitoring the progress of disease and efficiency of treatment interventions
At Primary Medical Services our highly knowledgeable Technicians are Certified Spirometry Technicians in the province of Alberta .
All pulmonary function testing is done using the latest in spirometric technology providing accurate, reproducible results.